I have the usual ones...lose weight, eat healthy and exercise. I should just have that tattooed on my arm right where I can see it as I lift it to eat the wrong thing. No, I would probably just start wearing long sleeves to avoid seeing it. I do walk on my treadmill so I could resolve to walk on it longer and more often. It is a walk to nowhere but it is good for my diabetes and my heart. Goodness I am sensing failure before I ever begin. Enough of this negative! Let's start over.
1. I want to publish my first book of poems. It is a dream for me to hold in my hand a book of my work. I imagine I will self publish and I have begun looking into different avenues to get that done.
2. I want to try my hand at writing short stories. I started one on this blog and titled it Escape. I plan early next year to complete it.
3. I want to write new forms of poetry that I have not attempted thus far, expand my writings to include rhyme. I have written very few rhyming poems.
4. I want to go through my home and do a thorough search to look at all the "junk" I have collected and eliminate as much of it as I can.
5. I want to get over things...things that have hurt me and I simply must move forward and let them go.
I think I shall stop at 5. I could go on and on, but the purpose of a resolution is to enter it with the intent of accomplishment. The first three have to do with writing which has become my passion. It is very important to me that I follow through on them. The forth is a necessity. My closets are full of things that have no sentimental value. They are just there. Number 5 is important to my state of mind. I have been grieving over things I can do nothing about. I must accept it, let go and move on. The new year must be the year I don't let myself down.
Free Write Friday Prompt: What's your new year resolution?