Nov 9, 2016

Time For Ghosts

Oh yes, there are things that go bump in the night. This past Halloween my husband, three wonderful friends and I headed to Galveston, Texas to see if we could connect with ghosts.

I have always been fascinated with the paranormal. The dead walk among us. How do I know? I have seen and heard a few souls who for whatever reason have decided to stay connected to the places where they took their last breath. Finding kindred spirits who also share the same fascination is truly a blessing. So Halloween 2016, my husband Charlie, Jackie Smith, James and Claudette Peercy, and I took our curiosity to Galveston to have our own ghost adventure on a walking ghost tour of the Strand.



On September 8, 1900 a category 4 hurricane hit the island which resulted in massive property damage and estimates of up to 12,000 deaths. The entire physical land of Galveston is in essence a cemetery. When our tour guide shared the tragic history of the island with us, I felt shock, grief, and a heaviness in my spirit.


As our group walked from location to location our guide shared images from the tablet she carried of the hurricane's devastation as well as photos people had captured on their cameras of ghosts in the very spots where we were standing. At one place along the walk I had a strange experience. We had crossed a street and as I stepped up from the curb to the sidewalk I didn't see concrete. I saw green grass. It startled me. I felt disoriented. It lasted only a few seconds, but in that brief time span it appeared I had connected with the past.




I wish I could remember the names of every stop on our tour. Our guide was sharing so much information shop names and buildings blended together. At one location she told us about a lady whose ghostly image would appear on the stairs showcased behind a glass door. She then gave us an opportunity to take pictures. I took my iPhone and began snapping photos. It wasn't until later when reviewing them I found something unexpected near the top of the stairs. I can't say with absolute authority it is a ghost. It certainly appears to be otherworldly  I will leave it for you to ponder and come to your own conclusions.


Read more about our adventures at James Peercy's Blog Stories To Tell
and Jackie Smith's blog Ghosts of Galveston

No comments:

Post a Comment