Oct 2, 2015

Romeo Is Homeless ~ Book Review

Romeo Is HomelessRomeo Is Homeless by Julie Frayn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A Needle Through The Heart

Alright, Julie Frayn you didn’t have to hit me so hard with this one. I’m a sucker for a love story, but this one isn’t covered in white lace. Julie’s character, August, rebels against her parents by ditching farm life and runs away to a city she’s fantasized as being warm, cuddly and welcoming. I hate spoilers so I won’t jump into details. I will say what August learns about city life is so raw it had me a bit afraid to turn the page. This book isn’t pretty. It’s not meant to be. Having searched a few city streets for runaways myself Julie either has done it or she did some amazing research. Yes it is a hard read, but one well worth your time. Too many kids are living what Julie was bold enough to write.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment