Aug 24, 2015

Inhale the Night ~ Book Review


Ben Ditmars is a talented poet who knows how to reach deep inside the reader and touch the passion, love, heartbreak inhabiting the heart. Inhale the Night is full of melancholy and yearning for love desired and love lost. Yet, it isn't a cloudless night because he sprinkles it with light, a quickened pulse, the slip into a dream state where impossible can't invade. I have so many favorites in this book, but Genesis Reloaded, spoke to the poet in me.  "On the eighth impossible day God created words...and he rested and he dreamed and he saw that it was poetry."  This is a book I will read over and over. I highly recommend adding it to your library.

1 comment:

  1. It's been awhile since I read a poetry anthology. Fortunately I find some very nice stuff online!
    Thank you for visiting us at poetryofthenetherworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete