Jul 26, 2013

Friday Night Thoughts

I have started working on my second poetry book. It is a slow start because I am not sure where I am even going with it. There's no theme yet, just words. Hopefully before long my muse will give me directions.

I write poetry because there is a deep joy inside from the process. I spend a lot of time alone and poetry is my companion along with all my books. I can put whatever I am feeling into words to either lift my spirits or get the junk out to clear my head.

There are so many poems on my blog, Confessions of a Laundry Goddess. I could pull from them to create a collection. I suppose I should sort through them and take a lot of them down, but for some reason I am not at that point yet.It is a road map of my growth. Those first poems sound a little silly now. 

Hopefully in a few months I will be ready to publish my book. For anyone who has never done it, the poems are the easy part. It is all the other things that ruffle me. When I get it done, I'll be back to let you know.


4 comments:

  1. Best of luck Susie. I know exactly what you mean. I've had the worse time getting mine together too. Hopefully it will be done soon. It's a hard process for sure. I love your first book and enjoy it more each day. I feel the same way you do about my first. Now that I look back upon it I wish I would have done things a lot different.. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie. I keep comparing myself to others and stumbling over it. I will get things together soon I hope so I can complete the poems for the book.

      Delete
  2. Susie, I am looking so forward to your new book. I love your first one and as Susie Swanson says, I look back on many of the poems often. I think one of the hardest things we do to ourself is to compare our work with others. I'm sure everyone who creates anything does this,,You have your own unique and wonderful voice,,you give your readers so much room for thoughts and so much that a person can relate to. As I said, can't wait, and I hope you enjoy the process as much as we will enjoy the reading,,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am often in awe of others work, but I know I can't compare myself to them. I hope to have it out by the end of the year.

      Delete