Feb 4, 2013

Arrows Really?


February is marred by the presumption the stars have aligned to send an arrow toting cherub with perfect archery. Does anyone really wish to be struck by an arrow's tip shot from the hands of a winged child in a diaper?

 There is so much retail pandering to the billfolds of consumers. They have created enough guilt to have people rushing to buy candy and flowers to create the facade of love to assuage the demanding or the whining lips that have caught the Valentine bug. 

There is more to love than a once a year frenzied expression. I have been married for forty two years and love is shown to me each day of the year. Last year I was so ill from the side effects of the prescription drug Cozaar that the only thing I could do was feed myself. My husband's hands of love bathed me, dressed me, helped me take each painful step, and encouraged me when all I wanted to do was give up and die. My heart swells at how much he sacrificed to help me through the darkness until I could return to health again.

I suggest if you wish to celebrate Valentine's day, you look into the eyes of the one you love and tell them how much they mean to you. Spend some time walking away from the hype to really express what is in your heart. February 14th should be one in many that the person/persons you love will see, hear, and feel the depth of how important they are to you. Life goes by too fast to take even one moment for granted.



1 comment: