Jan 7, 2013

Dream ~ It Does a Body Good


For so long I wondered what my place in the world should be. I am a wife, a mother, a sister, a daughter. I dedicated my life to family; worked with youth; became lost to who I was. I never thought at sixty one years old I would be a dreamer, but I am.

I found my voice with a pen. Poetry had lain dormant since I was a teenager. Somehow I lost the passion that awoke at fifteen years old. All the imagination that was in me was channeled into encouraging others. I had no dreams for myself.

Somehow a car accident scrambled everything that was into all that can be. Poetry was reborn in me. The dreams I had dreamed for everyone else opened up into dreams that included me. 

I have been involved with The World Needs More Love Letters and last year, 2012, they asked us to write a letter to ourselves and mail it in to them. In January 2013 it would be mailed back. I received mine today. The very first thing I wished to accomplish was to publish a book of my poetry. I met that goal. In December I published, Dirt Road Dreams.

My advice is whatever you are passionate about do it.. Don't be caught on that endless wheel of what others want or expect. Change the world by being you and pursuing that which enhances your spirit. It will overflow to those around you. Paint the world with your art, whatever that might be!


12 comments:

  1. I congratulate you, Susie, you have walked a long way and you have found so much. May 2013 give you more of what you are here to do and may you enjoy every moment possible. "You can have anything you want, but,,,you cannot have everything you want",,,I hope you , and I, do well with that this year 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellecee. I hope this is a fantastic year for you!

      Delete
  2. I admire you so much Susie and congrats on all of your accomplishments..Like you I was slow to follow my dreams and it finally took some eye openers for me to take the first step...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Susie. The admiration is returned.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous advice, Susie. Congrats again on the book! Feel your passion pouring forth to inspire others. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. well said! congratulations on your book :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad your dreams live! Thank you for sharing yourself with all of us.

    ReplyDelete