Oct 2, 2012

Yes, I Talk to a Wall


I remember when someone first invited me to join Facebook. I thought it rather dry and boring, but since my girls and other family members were on it I decided to join if for no other reason than to keep up with them. I couldn't know it would become such a big part of my life. Yes, I talk to a wall.

From that doubtful beginning I have met so many people that have become great friends. I know there are those who say you can't call people friends if your only contact is electronically, but I would argue that point. A friend is someone who is there for you in whatever life throws your way. I can post something on my wall about what is going on in my life and my "friends" are there to encourage, celebrate, and give advice when I need it.

No, I am not a recluse typing away in internet anonymity. I am active socially and with my family. Facebook is a means for me to communicate with the world on a digital wall. It is open twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. I am an insomniac who can find someone to talk to at 3:00 a. m. to make the night a little less lonely.


10 comments:

  1. The effects of FB interaction can be even more profound. The last two women I loved, I met online, one through FB (and would not have met the other if not for FB as well). Both dramatically altered the shape and direction of my life forever... and it was all because of the so-seemingly-intangible "cyber-wall".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My writing would not have grown the way it has if not for Facebook. It has been an incredible blessing in my life.

      Delete
  2. agreed! and so glad to know you, Susie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie,
    I so wish I could understand the mechanics of facebook. I am no slouch with blogs, but how to even visit anybody on FB is a total mystery to me.
    I always thought why fb when blogs are so easy for contact and posts. But millions of people can't be wrong, so it must be worthwhile, as you so clearly state here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't hard. Once you are a person's friend on Facebook you just call up their name, hit their link and it takes you to their page. You can post right on the page or send them a message. There is also a chat feature where you can see which of your friends is online and then talk that way also. I stumbled around at first, but it didn't take long to catch on.

      Delete
  4. You are so right Susie..Facebook has helped me find and connect with the best friends in the world.. and you're at the top of the list..Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie. I am so thankful Facebook connected us also.

      Delete
  5. I was pushed into starting a facebook page too about a year ago- and now I do enjoy it- along with my blog. It isa wonderful way to 'pop' in and see what your friends are doing- leave a quick message and 'pop' out again. Probably suits me better than a long chat LOL. I also use it as a gallery for my art and have sold many a piece through my fb page- so I now persuade others to join too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Soulbrush. What is your link on Facebook?

      Delete