Sep 11, 2012

11:00 p.m. and Wondering



“I've always envied people who sleep easily. Their brains must be cleaner, the floorboards of the skull well swept, all the little monsters closed up in a steamer trunk at the foot of the bed.” 
― David Benioff, City of Thieves



I should be asleep. I am so tired, but I am fighting it. It seems to be that way every night. Sure I am more creative in the wee hours, yet there comes a point when I need to release my pen to the nightingale and go to bed.

I wonder why I fight it so. Is it an age thing that has me not wanting to lie my head on a pillow? I know there are fewer days ahead of me. I fell off the cliff of middle age almost two decades a go. There are moments I don't want to miss so I stay awake with my thoughts and hands frantically trying to record every whisper of my muse.

Sleep, you are there aren't you? My eyes keep looking at the clock hoping my mind will silence its voice and send me to my dreams.


1 comment:

  1. Like little kids who are afraid they'll miss something. I just lay off the sweets and caffeine.

    Go to bed, missy.

    ReplyDelete