Aug 24, 2012

Pissed

Whenever someone starts talking about abuse and doesn't know a damn thing about it it really gets under my skin. If a woman is terrorized don't tell me, "Sorry, but she chose him." What a thoroughly ignorant and insensitive thing to say. NO ONE would ever choose abuse. Unless you have been in a situation where you have been abused you cannot understand its control nor how an abuser can get into your head until you don't even recognize who you are any more.

We are becoming so desensitized to abuse. There are lots of anti bullying campaigns for young people, but that won't be enough if we adults don't stop bullying one another. Where do you think children learn it? Our society reeks of it. 

Abuse is abuse! We must stop trying to rationalize it when it effects our own behavior. If it is ever going to change, we must strive to become an example worthy of following.


4 comments:

  1. I agree 100% being a person that in different times of my life I suffered mental and physical abuse, I said over and over again the mental is worst black eyes heal alot quicker then the heart but it still scars deeply and unless you have lived it no one has the right to desensitize it ,pain is pain, we all handle it differently, stand up and be heard and lead others to healing not hiding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been blessed with a kind and loving husband, but I was abused as a child and I have seen many family members go through abusive relationships. I can't stand to listen to people who don't understand the vicious hold an abuser has on his/her victim.

      Delete
  2. Susie I agree with you. I would tell people how abusive my x was and they would say "are you sure,I just don't see it, she's just so cute", as if it made a difference that they didn't see it, or how cute she is! I wanted to scream at them (and once I did) " yes I'm f-ing sure, do you think it is easy to say my wife is abusing me?" The one time I yelled it was at my best friend and he was trying to be objective, but when I reacted the way I did he finally got that I wasn't making it up. And no I didn't choose it, it didn't start that way. While in the middle of it I thought I deserved it...and it has taken some serious soul searching to see just how bad it was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you got out of it. Many think men can't be abused by women, but again they don't know what they are talking about. Abusers hide who they are all the time.

      Delete