Jun 25, 2012

Sisterhood Award

I was excited to open my blog and find a new friend and follower Janice had given me an award! Whenever someone leaves me a comment that is such a sweet award but to receive a Sisterhood of the World blogger's award is a special treat. Sisters are speaking out and I am glad to be part of their world.

I am new to Janice's blog, but I am finding she has a wonderful sense of humor and the guts to speak her mind. I am looking forward to seeing what Janice will be speaking about in the coming days.

I want to truly thank Janice for the award and here is where you can find her ~ Janice's Footsteps


Ok, I am supposed to list seven random facts. For me that will be easy because my brain runs on random.

1. I am an amateur photographer. I love beauty but I will throw in some shots of whatever weirdness catches my eye. Recently I posted pictures of roses and a truck with a label stating, Haulin' Liquid Chicken.

2. I am a poet and I am working on my first poetry book titled Dirt Road Dreams. 

3. I love to dance and it doesn't matter if anyone else is dancing or not. If my feet want to move, I let them!

4. I didn't learn to swim until I was fifty. Since then I have snorkeled in Cozumel and the barrier reef in Belize.

5. Cher is a distant cousin on my father's side, but she never calls. I just love ancestry.com. You can find you are related to almost anyone. :)

6. I write love letters and leave them in random locations wherever I travel. Here's a link that will tell you about the project. More Love Letters

 7. I have two daughters who play instruments and sing. The oldest, Dawn, plays the viola, violin, and guitar. The youngest, Carrie, plays the cello. The only thing I can play is my iPod. 

Whew! Hope that is enough randomness about me. Now it is my turn to nominate some ladies. So let me introduce them to you.


My Silly Life  This is my oldest daughter's blog. She has been walking through some drastic changes in in life over the past year and a half and shares her wisdom on her journey. She also shares snippets of her singing so go on over when you get a chance and take a listen.

Stardreaming With Sherry Blue Sky  I have grown to have a special appreciation for Sherry. She is a wonderful poet, mentor and inspiration. We have worked together on a couple of writing projects and her input was invaluable. 

On Dragonfly Wings With Buttercup Tea  Becca is a talented poet. Her work is inspirational and each time I visit her page I come away with peace and joy.

Country Side Poet Susan is such a fine poet. Her poetry is positive and inspirational. She reflects on life through eyes of kindness. 





9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Susie for the nomination, I'm so humbled and gratefully accept..I have never heard of the Sisterhood award but I feel honored to be a part of it..Congrats on your new book , I know it will be a bestseller..You are an awesome Poet and your poetry is an inspiration to us all..Thanks Again, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Susie. And thanks for the support of my work!

      Delete
  2. OMG - Susie, what a high compliment for you to receive this Sisterhood Award and sincere appreciation for passing on the torch. I am humbled by your words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becca. I just wanted to show my appreciation for your work and lead others to your page.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, sweet one!! I am honored!! :)

      Delete
  3. Susie, thank you so much. Sorry to be so long in responding......have been at the hospital a lot with Faiza and am running on the thin edge of exhaustion right now. But this is so sweet and sisterly. And one can never have too many sisters:) Thanks for the mention, very much. I will try to think up seven things.....when I have seven minutes, hee hee. Love the sound of your book. If my life would slow down, I'd do one too. I look forward to yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry...yes we can't have too many sisters! Take your time and take care!!

      Delete
  4. I loved reading your list Susie. Congrats, I love your work too! Can't wait to hear more about your upcoming book. I just finished 2 poetry books that I've wanted to for so long. A good feeling.

    Happy Weekend, G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Geraldine. I have had some stumbling blocks in writing my book, but things are really coming together now!

      Happy Weekend to you also!!

      Delete