Dec 16, 2011

Dear Priscilla-More Love Letters-Day 12

This is my last letter in the 12 Days of Love letter Writing. It is another heart broken by terrible loss. Today's letter goes to Priscilla who recently lost the love of her life, husband of 33 years, and father to two boys. Her close family friend wrote that Priscilla and her husband provided the perfect example of what love should look like. She wrote, "If there is anyone in this world that I think deserves a love letter, it is Priscilla. She has survived this entire ordeal with grace and courage. She is an amazing woman and I'm hoping that some love letters help ease her pain and remind her that her husband is in a better place and forever looking down on her.

Here is my letter to her
Dear Priscilla,

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband. I know it has been tough. Your friend speaks of the grace and courage you have shown in this time of grief. My heart goes out to you.

The beauty of love is it never ends. The love you and your husband shared for 33 years of marriage is seen in your sons, your family, friends, and community of those who are there to support you. It is catalogued  in precious memories. It is there in those quiet moments when you feel him speaking to you he is at peace and giving you the strength to go on. It is manifested in smiles of memories of the silly times you shared and transferred to another through the gift of recalling it. It is a love that will move you forward into each tomorrow.

I know it is painful now. You are surrounded by those who love you. Some you know and some you are meeting through letters. Lean on all of us. We are a gathered union of strength with a common bond of love. We are here to carry you when you feel you can't stand.

I send peace, love, and comfort Priscilla.

Love,
A Friend
 I knew from the beginning when Hannah Katy sent the  e-mail that I would write each person. I was not prepared to realize how it would effect me. I am grateful and humbled by the opportunity to be involved in this project. For each of the twelve days I sat down to communicate love to strangers, and found they became more than that. They will be forever written upon my heart. Love is a miracle that changes everyone it touches. In this year of such overwhelming grief in my own life I have been given the gift of strength and the beginning of healing from Nickie, Shelly & Nelson, Elizabeth, Hannah, Josie, Tara, Erika, Julia, Anthony, Denise, Alenka, and Priscilla. My love and blessings go out to each one. This Christmas season of 2011 will be one I will never forget.
I hope you will join me in the new year to share love through hand written love letters. Here is how you can do it.
More Love Letters

1 comment:

  1. I clicked over from Best Posts of the Week, Priscilla was my mom's name. She passed away two years ago on Thanksgiving. A very touching letter from you.

    ReplyDelete