Nov 12, 2011

Wine and Love V34

wine-and-love

 Wine List

*My husband went to his orthopedic doctor and found out the problem with his rib on his right side is where it joins with the spine. He is to start physical therapy to see it that will help. Worst case scenario is having a three inch section of his rib next to the spine removed.
*Family problems with a brother-in-law. I will just leave it at that.
*I lost a childhood friend this week. She was sixty and in the early stages of Alzheimer's. 
*Getting annoying telemarketer calls about lowering my interest rate...I am on the no call list, but somehow those jerks have found a loophole.
*Seeing how big an idiot our governor, Rick Perry, can be on the republican debates

Love List

*I got an award from Bluebell books for my poem Where Imagination Begins on my poetry blog Confessions of a Laundry Goddess.
*My husband worked on the desk my dad made to raise it. My dad made it for a youth and it was just too low. It is a corner of my guest bedroom. I call it my love letter nook. I sit there to write notes to mail and to leave in random places.  I have become involved with The World Needs More Love Letters. Here is the link  .http://www.moreloveletters.com/. Check it out. Everyone could use some love.
*I made a donation to the Star of Hope mission for their Thanksgiving meal to feed the homeless
*I donated money to the Lion's Club to buy movie tickets for underprivileged children.
*I got back to exercising again. I am walking on my treadmill and lifting weights. 
  
On Thursdays check in with Walking With Nora to share the wine and love of your week. 

2 comments:

  1. Two impressive lists.
    Rick Perry seems to have made an international ass of himself. I'd not heard of him until the latest gaff.
    I'm really enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. Thanks for the link to more love letters. That sounds like a wonderful place to check out. Glad I stopped by your creative space. I'll check you out on twitter also :)

    ReplyDelete