Sep 30, 2011

The Challenge to Write Fearlessly

I have been challenged by Kellie Elmore from Magic in the Backyard on her Free Write Friday to write on subjects that are thought taboo. They are subjects that might make me cringe or withdraw from approaching creatively.  I have written on many things I have thought taboo and placed them in a folder in my computer. Perhaps it is time for me to take one out of the file, dust it off, and submit it here. She has a quote on her blog that has touched a chord in my creative restraint. "Never limit yourself because of others' limited imagination; never limit others because of your own limited imagination." Mae Jemison (astronaut)

I have been on a journey to explore my writing seriously since the end of 2009. I take huge steps forward in believing in my work and then stumble back from insecurity. I may jump into the fire, but you cannot take your dreams to fulfillment if you don't take risks. So here is my "risk" of the moment. This is my fearless
writing.





Breathing  Life With the Fingertips

Hands take a slow journey across the skin,
a feathery caress of sensual awakening
breathing in life with the  fingertips,
eliciting a response in their exploration.

Hearts beat faster as the touch
intensifies yearning.
The tension of life slipping away
replaced by the tension of desire.

Hands sensitive as they touch palm to palm,
feeling arousal’s heat warming them.
Lying heartbeat to heartbeat
desire builds yet waits, reveling in anticipation.

No longer able to hold passion at bay
bodies join in a lover’s communion,
giving and taking pleasure in a dance
of erotic consummation .


©Susie Clevenger 2011
Photograph: vi.sualize.us

magicinthebackyard

7 comments:

  1. Susie, well-written erotica classy and romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking for a fan to cool myself off! Very good.

    My only comment: If I were editing it I would leave the word "sexual" out. It seems redundant and takes away from the impact on my imagination!

    It is really a great piece -- I'm now going out to look for a 25 year old . . . without my fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susie..

    @"Never limit yourself because of others' limited imagination; never limit others because of your own limited imagination.

    That's extraordinarily written.. lovely poem..;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You write so beautiful.I would not edit a word from it.I love this part :

    Hearts beat faster as the touch
    intensifies yearning.
    The tension of life slipping away
    replaced by the tension of desire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i dont know if my previous comment was delivered... well......

    this is a very sensuous poem, susie .... got me dreaming ;p

    and yeah i love the words telling us not to limit ourselves coz of others' limited imagination... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this, SC, but some of your words "elicit","consumation" though correct in the context, seem slightly 'dictionary'
    Nice to see that we weren't scared to sing from the same hymn-sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can relate... The stuff that life is made of is the most interesting to write about and it's what is normally taboo. It can be hard to be original in a world where everything has to be endorsed by others.

    ReplyDelete