Aug 8, 2011

My Authenticity


I have struggled with my imperfections. I have spent too much time wishing I could be or look more like someone else. I have been good at hiding it, but in my times alone tears have come too frequently. My insecurity formulates negative opinions not only about myself, but others.

The time has come for me to celebrate who "I" am. I am a loud bundle of energy with a big heart. You can expect noise and spontaneity My connection to others should be based on my own authenticity. I should not conform to another's standard merely for acceptance. You would think at my age I would have learned that lesson, but it seems I am still in the classroom.

As this year has been one of endings I seek to walk into new beginnings. The dynamic of my roots in past pain has to change. I am working on me this time.

2 comments:

  1. I'm still in the same classroom, see me in the back where I won't be seen.
    Some people that are confident in themselves just don't get it. They don't understand that you can't just tell yourself I'm going to start being the person I want to be. It takes a lot of time soul searching, taking a history class on you. I've kind of resigned to the fact that this is just me and trying REAL hard (and it's depressing at times)to just be.

    ReplyDelete